Thursday, February 11, 2010

Minorandom #2: purple line

So today was the assignment submission day.

And after passing them up, Charis, Miki and I were ready for a bit of R&R.

Make-up buying. Gym (I worked out while the other two tofu-ed in the steam room hihihi). A hilariously silly movie (with Charis). And finally food. Plus catching up with Ian.

Equals perfect.

So movie: We watched all's well, ends well which starred Louis Khoo and Sandra Ng. It was bound to be funny. And it was. The laugh-wrenching moments *it really felt that way. Not laughing is inexcusable* makes up for the lack of story line. Definitely the best post-assignment submission movie choice. No thinking. No analysing. Just watching the darned thing and letting it take you where it wants you to go. In this case death by laughter.

It was also a Cantonese movie. They had subtitles so it was cool. But I was the only Malay in the cinema. The only one. But I enjoyed it thoroughly. I love myself for that. ^__^

Food: Ate at fullhouse with Charis. We love love love the whole concept. Very surreal. Fake. And surreal. Plus the waiters weren't too harsh on the eyes either. I've always thought that fullhouse had this whole "host club" atmosphere going on. Still think so. For those of you who don't know what it is, go google it or something *winkwink*. Girls go crazy over these things. At least I think so.

Fact #1: One of the MUSTS of a hostclub is to have a/a few/
many Leng Chai(s) as hosts.

And guess who one of those Leng Chais turned out to be?

Our very own Ian Ng. We were so lucky to have gone there around his break time ^.^. We got to keep him to ourselves for an hour or so. Heeee =D

We did a lot catching up with Ian. We talked and talked. And Charis and I ended up staying for more than two hours. Unabashedly, we sat there with little else than a pot of tea on the table. But nobody shoo-ed us away. Or gave us the nasty. Host clubs don't do that. Haha. I swear I will go to a proper host club one day and drool over the men there. At that point, stay away from me ladies. You might not want to associate yourselves with me then.

So one of the topics Charis and I talked about after Ian left *cos he had to go back to work* was DBSK "Jaejoong oppa..come marry me..." *Swoons*
And Charis started to educate me on the earlier DBSK/TVXQ days, before they made it big in Japan. I'm a novice DBSK-er, only fell in love with them last year around December, due to Charis' constant negative mood whenever she talked about them. I was not used to seeing Charis so sad over people she does not personally know. Seriously.

Thus I HAD to research on them, to find out what's so special about these DBSK people that's made Charis "who laughs while watching horror and action movies while I cower in fear and ask her what happens once the loud noises settle down* head-over-heels in love and concerned about their well-being. My curiousity was killing meeeee!!

And I found out. They are the Gods of the East. They are Dong Bang Shin Ki. Enough said. Don't know them? Uncle Google is always there to help out. Spread the love.

DBSK hit no. 1 on the Japan Oricon Charts with their hit single purple line. The first non-Japanese performers to do so in a long, long time (Ho, 2010).

So I just had to go on Youtube to watch the MV to the song. Not as cataclysmic as the sexy Mirotic or the dramatic Rising Sun, but equally as good.

It took ages to load, but after 1 hour of waiting, it's finally done.

And I've been replaying it. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over. Again.

Thus the appearance of a second minorandom in a week. I guess this compensates for last week's non-existant entry?

I love the way Jae Joong dances. Awkward. Yet smooth. Contradictive, but there's that. I talk about how kawaii he is everyday. Miki and Charis are ready to keeeellll meeeee.

Yes. I've turned into a fan-girl. A bit too old to be a new fan-girl, but everyone has relapses in the control of their own behaviour sometimes, right? *
stomach growls as I type this*

Serves me right for being a little busy-body and wanting to find out about them last year.

Random thought: Bought the makeup at a South Korean-owned shop. DBSK= South-Korean pop group. Fullhouse= also the name for a popular South korean tv series. Globalisation at its best *or worst*. Or rather, South-Koreanism.

Or maybe it's just my own tendency to gravitate towards things that they feed us little consumers. Oh no. I conform.

It's 1.30 am and I slept at 3am yesterday. Does this explain anything?

Ah well.

Back to the MV. One last time before bed.

Aaah the blond Jae Joong is so kawaii.

4 comments:

  1. @,@ LOL`
    u sound like a Jae Joong maniac fan rather than a DBSK fan :p

    keep up the support yo`! they need it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey...u made me sound so depressed like i'm gonna jump off the clift anytime soon!!! while i'm laughing my ass off while reading this... and u quote me some more.... hahhaa....


    and aliza its a good thing ur blog is not read by eveyone or else it would be ur last day on earth.. since u globally asked JJ to come and marry u...

    and on average u can only say or talk about JJ once a week... four time a month...and that's it... i'm surprised u didnt tell the whole world how many moles he has...

    ReplyDelete
  3. see lar my english also got problem...u lar!!!

    ReplyDelete