Friday, February 19, 2010

Minorandom #4: Glee!

So it was Chinese New Year. And we got a few days off.

Most *university* students get the whole week off, but we, being elite psychology students *yeah right*...

...only got classes off till Tuesday. Hoorah.

In a way it was good, cos we get to finish off the course materials in time.

On the other hand, we're relatively normal students.

We like our holidays too ok. *sobs* :(

Also, college was awfully EERIE on Wednseday...
There was nobody hanging out at the foyer.
Nobody eating at the cafeteria.
Also none of the distracting hooligans who usually distracts us during class by howling outside the lecture hall.
Definitely one of the weirdest experiences this year yet.

What a way to celebrate the new year ^.^ *although I'm not Chinese*

So E'a, a friend of mine, gave me a DVD of the show Glee, 1st season.
I've been watching it on tv, in-between assignments. So as anyone can guess, I don't really pay attention.
But I like the songs. I always stop working when it gets to the part where they sing.

Since I found myself with some free time on my hands
that night, I decided to watch it.*There was actually a WHOLE LOT to study, but I wasn't mentally prepared to be studying for finals so soon although it's only a week away now*

I got everyone in the living room, and my family and I watched it. We finished it the next day.

A Glee marathon.

I L.O.V.E the whole concept of the show.

Almost like a musical, but not quite. And nothing so squeaky-clean, like High School Musical. Yegh. Now THAT I found distasteful. *personal opinion here, nobody need to agree*

The characters are weird, not entirely lovable. Every one of them have their own flaws, which make them that much more relate-able to us mere humans. It's good to see normal people on the Telly sometimes.

Even though I agree that everyone's definition of "normal" differs, I think some would agree with me that normal people should have a little weirdness in themselves. There's no such thing as a "perfect" person. At least I think so. If there were, well, they'd be PRETTY. DARNED. BORING.
But then again, we'd have to go back to finding the definition of perfect, and THAT would prove to be a problem. Ok let's leave that debate to another day, shall we? *sigh*

See what I mean by being scatter-brained?


Yes. So. Bottomline is. I'm addicted to the show. Well at least, to some of the songs that were sung in the show. Heheh. *I've been listening to them the whole week. Some are even better than the orignial versions. I'm not kidding*

Especially the song defying gravity. The song is from the musical Wicked, a retelling of the Wizard of Oz from the viewpoint of the Wicked Witch of the West. Not surprisingly, based on a book of the same title ^.^

I should check the book out. Although, I don't think I'm allowed to blog about the book(s)' contents, even if I wanted to. Ah well.

So yes. To all of you who have time to kill/spare,

Check the show out, if you haven't heard about it. Or at least the song(s). ^.^

Currently listening to: Don't Stop Believing- Glee cast.

It's so frustrating to have crappy Internet connection at home. I can't post up videos. Pictures even!

Ergh. I swear one day I'll erupt from all the stress my wireless is giving me.

Last but not least, even though I know it's already a bit late

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Notice how I'm using a lot of red-coloured fonts today? Hee ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment